Can I add a Wireless Router to my Rogue or Professional Series product? Which router do you recommend?
Categories: Buying, Compability, Professional Series, Rogue Series
- Yes, you can connect our WiFi products to a Wireless Router.
- It needs to have a WAN/Internet (Ethernet) port to accept the product connection. Network settings are provided automatically to the WiFi product it is plugged into.
- How you provide DC power to a router is important to consider. Some boats (and vehicles, e.g., RV’s) need to connect direct 12vDC (no 120vAC to DC wall plug). You need to know what such a router requires and be very careful with voltage and polarity. Other companies’ router products are beyond the scope of our support.
- Wave WiFi makes router products – have a look at https://www.wavewifi.com/product-category/network-routers/.
- We also make Access Points – See our Yacht AP DB. https://www.wavewifi.com/product/yacht-ap-db/.