Frequently Asked Questions
- The Quick Start Guide that ships with each unit will walk you through the installation and setup, step by step.
- Remember that all Wave WiFi products are web based there is no software to install.
To Log into a Wave WiFi Unit:
- Using a supported Web browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Safari), navigate to the ‘Scan for Network’ page by using the following IP address: 192.168.89.1
No, Wave WiFi units are used for short and long range connectivity to personal or public Hot Spots (Access Points) that have Internet service.
No, you do not need to Register your unit for it to work. It is truly ‘plug and play.’
- Wave WiFi has the MBR-Series wireless routers which are capable of managing multiple sources on the vessel. Or our wireless APs.
- If you intend to use a third party router with only a 12V DC power source (no inverter), check the power requirements of the router before you purchase.
Yes, we recommend our Wave WiFi series routers with any of our systems. They are multi source routers that are themselves wireless. However the MBR550 has an extra SIM activated cell feature which broadens your connectivity options. We also have the single source APs for a compact, quick, and easy install which works seamlessly with our family of products. As an alternative if you have other devices that need to be hardwired to an internet source, any Dual Band household type wireless router could work also.
Yes, for a more sophisticated install we recommend our MBR500 or MBR550 which is a wireless 4 source Wireless Router and Cellular router respectively. Both have fail over capabilities for our EC Series units. (See 3G/4G Products section)
Wave WiFi units do not require an OS to function. The firmware is web based and built into each unit. Regardless what OS your device uses, you can depend upon Wave WiFi to get you connected and keep you connected.
You can leave the Rogue Wave or EC Unit on all the time; however, remember that Wave WiFi products operate on 12-Volt DC power. On a boat or motor coach, prolonged use could drain the battery. Also, it is also always better to unplug electrical devices when not in use as standard practice.
Do not attempt to factory reset or default your Wave WiFi device without correct supervision by Wave WiFi technicians. If you feel your device needs to be reset, not to be confused with power cycling, then please call 954-928-1310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pressing any reset button without Wave WiFi supervision may require the unit to be returned to Wave WiFi tech support with possible additional charges not covered by warranty.
Absolutely! See our EC HP DB AC system and Tidal Wave model in the product section.
Yes, however we suggest our Rogue Reach products for RV or Motor Coach users. These models have been designed specifically to meet the unique needs of our land customers. The Rogue Reach models have 25’ of integral cable. Which therefore allows our customer to mount the Reach on a ratchet mount, and can be laid horizontally when not in use.